Sunday, July 27, 2014

Day 10 "Climbing the mountain"

The last few days have been an adventure and I'm sorry I haven't been able to blog. The medicine in the injections is working and my follicles are growing and I am definitely getting tired and very bloated. Today we had a doctors appointment to check the size and how many etc. I have 19 follicles total, 9 on one side and 10 on the other and they measure about 14-16cm. At least two need to be 18cm to be ready for retrieval. So the good news is they are almost there! My doctor said I just need two more shots, tonight and tomorrow morning. Then I will take a trigger shot which will release my follicles and prepare me to have them retrieved on Wednesday! I'm excited and a little bit scared. Please pray for a smooth procedure and smooth egg fertilization and biopsy. Once my eggs are taken out of the follicle with a very small needle, they will fertilize them and see which ones grow to day five. Then those embryos will be biopsied and frozen. The biopsy will be sent to Detriot, Michigan to the lab where they will be tested with the probe for a single gene test  (they should be making now). My embryos will be frozen until we get test results and decide when to transfer them. I am feeling hopeful and pretty good emotionally, maybe a little extra sensitive. I'm sure my husband can attest to that. 

Besides the injections,  I am recovering from a crazy hike I decided to do last Thursday. Today is Sunday and I am still extreremly sore. My co worker and I planned to hike Mission  Peak! We were suppose to meet at Suju's coffee at 9am. I was running late and left my phone at my mother- in-laws the night before. Not good. I rushed over to Suju's and she was already gone. I drove like a maniac back to my mom in laws to get my phone and called  my co-worker.  I headed down to Mission Peak. My coworker had text me and in my rush and when I read it, it didn't sink in, "headed to Coyote Hills  instead."
I soon realized after calling again, I was at the wrong mountain! Although by that time it was 10 am, I decided to hike a little bit any way. I told myself just make it to the tree, to the bench, to the shade but before you know it I was half way there and was determined to finish. It was extremely hot and I was mildly cramping a little. Cramping can be a symptom from my medicines and I was putting myself through a strenuous hike. 
I learned lots of lessons along the way! I thought, if I can do this, I can do anything. I thought of this scripture along the way. "I can do all this through him who gives me strength." (Philippians 4:13 NIV) I was determined to climb this mountain because God gave me the strength. 
Some other practical lessons Iearned were: 
1. Make it to the right park where your friends are. 
2. Leave a lot earlier to beat the heat. 
3. Make sure your cell phone is fully charged. 

No comments:

Post a Comment