The Lupron injection didn't hurt really at all. It's "all in the mind" for this injection and seeing the needle, only a 1/2 inch diabetes needle, I still must think of my happy place during each one. On Sat I start the FSH/HMG shot which I have to mix myself from powder into liquid in a huge 1 1/2 inch needle then change the needle to 1/2 inch. That should be "fun" (sarcasm)... I hope it will get easier as we go. By Saturday, I will be taking 4 shots daily. By July 25th, I should have had 33 injections. My doctor will then check my levels to see if I'm ready for a trigger shot to release the eggs or if I need more time. All these meds are basically preparing my body for a lot of follicles to grow rapidly as well as to prevent ovulation too early.
Our egg retrieval is scheduled any time between the week of July 29-August 1st. After the eggs are retrieved, they will be fertilized and encouraged to grow for 5 days. The embryos that make it to this stage will be biopsied and sent to a lab in Detroit, Michigan for a specific gene testing (PGD). This is an amazing new science where a specific probe is being created right now from our previous daughter's ( will share Aya's story later) amniotic fluid. This is amazing that our daughter who passed away from this genetic disorder will be used to help us build our family!
Our egg retrieval is scheduled any time between the week of July 29-August 1st. After the eggs are retrieved, they will be fertilized and encouraged to grow for 5 days. The embryos that make it to this stage will be biopsied and sent to a lab in Detroit, Michigan for a specific gene testing (PGD). This is an amazing new science where a specific probe is being created right now from our previous daughter's ( will share Aya's story later) amniotic fluid. This is amazing that our daughter who passed away from this genetic disorder will be used to help us build our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment