Friday, August 1, 2014

Post retrieval results!

So I'm at home today recovering from my egg retrieval procedure. I had my procedure on Wednesday and was feeling great Thursday but I think I over did it. I went for a  long walk with Brownie and went shopping. Today, I am bloated and cramping. The good news is, my doctor retrieved 25 eggs! This is an above average retrieval as he thought he was only going to get 15 eggs.  Yesterday I received a call to let me know that 15 of those eggs were fertilized. My doctor will email us on Tuesday to let us know how many of the 15 embryos made it to the blastocyst stage  ( day 6) in which they can biopsy.  We thank you for your prayers and continue to ask you to pray for healthy embryos for our family. It is exciting to finally be able to imagine us having a child. I am in awe and amazed by this.

For more info on egg retrieval and blastocyst biopsy please read: 

No comments:

Post a Comment